Hutchinson Island Marriot Oceanside

Boatless Fishing Reports for Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton, Delray, Juno.
Martin County, Hobe Sound, Indian town, Port Mayaki
sachig
Fisher

Hutchinson Island Marriot Oceanside

Post by sachig »

I have been living in Miami for over a year. Taught myself fish for snapper in key Biscayne, Matheson hammock, and the keys every now and then.

My wife and I drove up to Hutchinson Island this past weekend. I have a light tackle set up. 15 pound test. I went to Snook Nook. Great customer service and the guy working t here set me up with snapper rigs with a 2 oz triangle weight and a few bags of shrimp. I fished just north of the hotel basically in front of Pietro's restaurant. First off the bait fish was unbelievable. In the early mornings you would see big jack, snook, other big fish silhouette's in the waves hitting the bait fish.

I had a great time fishing. I fished about 4 hours Saturday and Sunday morning. All catch and release. Caught my first 3 redfish, my first 8 pompano, a buncha jacks of all sizes, and a ladyfish.

I was sitting in my chair, all of a sudden my line starts screaming out, I look up a tarpon goes airborne and snap goes my line. I also battled a fish for about 5 minutes and it popped off in about 2 feet of water. Didn't get a good look at it but when I looked at the hook, it was flat!!

All in all a great time fishing there, makes me want to get a set up to catch a big boy. Also, Jensen beach is a great town. Loved getting out of Miami.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grouperking
Old Salt

Re: Hutchinson Island Marriot Oceanside

Post by grouperking »

I think the second on is a palometa

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

good report about fishing and bait...

sachig
Fisher

Post by sachig »

Yes it is a palometa. Saw it while I was browsing fwc website last night. So I caught mainly those and maybe 3 pompano.

I did notice there were a few types of bait fish. We're the bigger ones mullet?

Already looking into getting a rod with heavier set up and heading back.

Anyone know if surf fishing is good in December?

TidetotheMoon
Weekend Warrior

Post by TidetotheMoon »

Awesome stuff

Return to “Palm Beach and Martin Countys”