Nite trip

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
Signguy
Weekend Warrior

Nite trip

Post by Signguy »

My wife has offered up the opportunity to take a night trip on a head boat next weekend. :cheers: She is going, and has not been on a boat since she was a child. I have looked at Catch my drift and Sealegs. I have to worry about keeping her happy, (she is not quite a princess, more royal queenlike) So I am concerned about general accommodations, Nothing to rustic or nasty. read (I want her to want to go again) I am in Boca, and that is about as far as I want to go, and have to drive home i the morning. What are any other suggestions even going north to jupiter, for the upcoming weekend (Jul 27th)? Thanks :!:
A true fisherman approaches the first day of fishing much
as a child approaches Christmas, with the eager
anticipation, sleepless nights, making of lists,
and the anticipating of pleasure.

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Nite trip

Post by MrEnigma »

I've been on Sealegs a few times, and did a night trip with some family over the 4th. It's clean enough, but it is a fishing boat so don't expect throw pillows and doilies. The head leaves a lot to be desired though, so use the bathroom before leaving land if you're squeamish/picky.

Fishing wasn't bad that night either. The regulars on the back hauled in quite a few snapper, and even we newbies on the sides were able to bring in a few keepers apiece. My group caught enough snappers, grunts and runners for filets to feed everyone who came.

If you do go, I suggest going on a trip when Kenny, the owner, is captain. He really cares whether people catch and doesn't mind burning gas and relocating if a spot is dead.

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”