help with recipt

Ask your question Here, remember to include the important stuff like, What gear, area you are in, and so on.
Backwoods123
Old Salt

help with recipt

Post by Backwoods123 »

So im looking for a good mangrove snapper recipt.. I always do something basic.. Wanna try something different

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Re: help with recipt

Post by MrEnigma »

For a fillet:

1) heat some extra virgin olive oil in a pan on medium to lightly fry. Combine corn starch with some old bay in a bowl. Moisten fillet, coat with mixture, fry ~2 min per side until flaky.

2) Combine onion powder, parsley flakes, kosher salt, black pepper, dash of red pepper. Sprinkle over fillet. In saucepan heat mixture of 50/50 extra virgin olive oil and butter, enough to coat pan to sautée. Brown minced garlic. Add fish and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Sautée ~2-3 min per side until flaky.

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

This is the best recipe I've tasted on snapper. Goes well w/white rice and soy sauce. You probably don't have Shaoxing wine, but you should get some from any local asian market it's like 2 bucks and is an ingredient in almost any asian dish.

http://rasamalaysia.com/fried-fish-with-soy-sauce/2/

It's super good and something different. Whatever you do make sure when you deep fry them that they are super crispy.

Enjoy.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Backwoods123 wrote:So im looking for a good mangrove snapper recipt.. I always do something basic.. Wanna try something different
How have you been doing it?

Return to “Boatless Fishing General Info”