Mullet Run 2011--REPORT your sightings please

This area is by invitation ONLY --- Ask me if your not able to view
JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Re: Mullet Run 2011--REPORT your sightings please

Post by JunoChris »

Mullet were pretty solid at the one of the inlets this morning but the fish werent solid on them. Ended up with two 20-25lb jacks and a nice snook. Should have been more fish there though for the amount of mullet.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

coolcow
Seasoned Fisher

Post by coolcow »

Saw 2 schools of ~100 horse mullet cruising south when out surfing in southern PBC yesterday.

ny11219
Fisher

Post by ny11219 »

small schools of fingers this am north of fT. Lauderdale. They were getting busted up out of casting range of course.. :evil:

Tony2
Weekend Warrior

Post by Tony2 »

JunoChris wrote:Mullet were pretty solid at the one of the inlets this morning but the fish werent solid on them. Ended up with two 20-25lb jacks and a nice snook. Should have been more fish there though for the amount of mullet.
What inlet???

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Pods of 5 inch to 12 inch mullet silvers and blacks moving south, the schools were on the larger size for this early. BIG BIG Jacks in them.

The storm and the north swell has help to get things moving and so lets hope it keeps going and it is all out chaos and apocalyptic annihilation for the little baits and mullet over the next few weeks
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

ran around through palm beach inlets and bridges seen some pretty good pod action not so much preditor fish

e46hoodrich
Seasoned Fisher

Post by e46hoodrich »

I swam with a really large school of mullets yesterday while at haulover beach park. looked like a big black cloud in the water,hog leg's. they were preety big like 6-8 inches. they were all silver with the tip of their tail black. no predators feeding on them.

theyve made their way on the beaches, get ur cast net ready, they move preety fast

landcapt44
Fisher

Post by landcapt44 »

Saw 2 large pods of mullet 6-10 inches in boca yesterday....tarpon and jacks were having there way with them : )

should be excellent fishing this week.

mgall08
Fisher

Post by mgall08 »

Lots of mullet running just off the beach in Jensen, there are tons of Tarpon chasing them! What a sight, the tarpon were huge!!

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Not a huge school, but a whole lot of silver mullet (6" plus) stuck between the first bar and the beach south of Juno pier. Only thing I saw hitting them was Snook.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

migs24
Old Salt

Post by migs24 »

Saw thousands of mullet yesterday just north of Boynton inlet heading south... Just stocked up on flouro for the mayhem that's coming 2 days from now. I think this is gonna be a good season. Stoked.

JWORM904
Weekend Warrior

Post by JWORM904 »

Big spool of mullet running through the Boca Inlet this evening

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

this is getting better. mullet showing up down there early is a very good sign for the upcoming months.

BoatlessFisherman

Saw a good many pods of mullet heading south at Lauderdale by the sea, they started around 1pm and half of them had fish in them Jacks and tarpon, saw a monster Tarpon in one of them that was ridiculous when it would go through it would either wake the water like a sub or breach it and flash a blinding shine that was to cool, she looked to be 150 +.

Man this could be a great run this year I hope, this is not the run but a great lead up to it, let me correct myself, this is the run but the very beginning it is telling us the bait and Mullet have begun there migration and these are more them likely from Palm beach down to the south and mullet that a have been motivated by the storm. We are awaiting the bulk which should be in 2 to 3 weeks or sooner if motivated by another storm.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

joenofishhere
Seasoned Fisher

Post by joenofishhere »

Saw a nice pod in Haulover last night, outside netting range.
Walk slow, and carry a big Snook.

Dragon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dragon »

There were a few small pods at Dania Pier early this AM. As the sun cam up, they merged into a nice big school...

bsfl
Fisher

Post by bsfl »

Post is a little late but a day after irene when the surf was kicking, I saw a school of mid size mullet maybe a little less than a 1/4 acre in size just south of Sunrise off Ft Lauderdale beach. Not a whole lot of action on them, but some blowups that looked to be jacks. Was on my bike so I didnt fish, but a promising sight none the less.

BoatlessFisherman

Here you go Mullet moving at Port everglades

-Tommy A-

BoatlessFisherman

Last 3 days I have seen very small pods trickling by through the night until sunrise and the same for the daytime. Seem to be more on the out going tides.

This report is from hillsboro inlet to port everglades inlet
-Tommy A-

joenofishhere
Seasoned Fisher

Post by joenofishhere »

Even saw a few small schools and one smaller pod flats fishing in south bay yesterday, they are here folks.

opiato
Old Salt

Post by opiato »

sebastian inlet is loaded with mullet right now. more so than usual. couldnt put my cast net in the water without pulling out 10 of them, and ill be honest, im not the most graceful with a cast net. tried slicing them up for shark bait. was out there for hours and only had one hit, but i set the hook too early and it let go. lots of finger mullet there too. also, about a month ago i was at jetty park and saw mullet by the tens of thousands.

WaltDisney
Fisher

Post by WaltDisney »

Threw my net one time at old griffin train bridge. Got 19. Took em home and fished off my dock. One big snook looked at one then saw me and left. Something big and brown chased one but I don't know what it was. Gonna try the beach in the am. Hoping for tarpon and snook.

jledebur
Fisher

Post by jledebur »

I netted about 4 dozen of the smaller buggers on the south side of the Nassau Sound yesterday evening. Not sure if I'd call it a run, since there always seems to be Mullet running up and down the shore there whenever we go. Only difference is this time they're finger-sized. Earlier this summer, they were all 6-9 inches.
Redhawk
Need some new fishing-inspired clothing or gear?
Check out these great items designed by my
fishing buddy (aka, my beautiful wife):
http://www.cafepress.com/d_luciousd_sign/s_fishing

Tonyc
Weekend Warrior

Post by Tonyc »

Lots of mullet in the deerfield canals as well at times hudge schools .

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

i think the mullet have stoped moveing for the moment we need a really really good northwind
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

joenofishhere
Seasoned Fisher

Post by joenofishhere »

Yup seem all stalled up usually with this many silver pushing through the little guys would have started showing up too.

Tonyc
Weekend Warrior

Post by Tonyc »

Lots of mullet in deerfield also lady fish in the schools

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

Many huge schools of mullet in Palm Beach area today. Were slaying the jacks on top water all day. Saw one behemoth snook that didn't pay any attention to my lure. Also saw a shark swim by and I threw my lure at it, he of course didn't pay any attention, but about three twiches later 3 monster jacks roll up and one inhales my badonkadonk. I fought him for a good while but he eventuall straightened my hook and spit the lure :(

Saw another fish that looked like a Jack or Permit even that must've been 40lbs, I couldn't believe my eyes. My GF caught her first jack on a Lucky Craft G-Splash 85mm.

Went out just a few mins ago to mess around and caught a 22" ladyfish. It was jumping out of the water like a rocket lol.

Mullet were ranging from 6" to over 12". Looked like the water was boiling at times!

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Pods at deerfield over the weekend..also, is it normal to find like 5lb + mullet over 10 miles inland?...

Return to “Florida Fishing Runs Fall and Spring”