Bakers Haulover Inlet - 2010 T0 2015 Fishing Reports Only

Boatless Fishing Reports for Dade County, Miami Beach
kahmad
Fisher

Re: Bakers Haulover Inlet - 2010 Fishing Reports Only

Post by kahmad »

got a nice nurse shark here monday night. Still looking for that big bull. I know they are here...it's just a matter of time.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Bakers Haulover Inlet - 2010 Fishing Reports Only

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

plenty of bulls there.. especially during the pompano run in the spring

kahmad
Fisher

Re: Bakers Haulover Inlet - 2010-11-12-13 Fishing Reports On

Post by kahmad »

Bite has been good lately. Catch and release snooking has been producing for those who know what's up. I've been shark fishing with some good numbers. 3 nurse sharks and one bull. The last nurse was pretty big...my back is still hurting. Many good takes and break offs that were just too clever.

Also some sheepshead action around but that is a frustrating game. Not worth the lost lead for a 5 pound fish in my opinion.

If anyone wants to shark fish with me I could use a spare set of hands to work the net and what not. Get at me I will put you on a nice one for sure. I don't normally make guarantees when it comes to fishing but its just that good right now.

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

kahmad wrote: I could use a spare set of hands to work the net and what not..
what do you mean by work the net???your getting these sharks in a net :scratch: how big are they lol

kahmad
Fisher

Post by kahmad »

Yes I am getting them in a net. It's a big net.
If by chance they don't fit I have a snag hook on a rope and I can mouth gaff them. I prefer not to hurt them so I try to use the net whenever possible.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

why dont you just beach em?

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

dude im not trying to start problems at all... just trying to help you out, if fwc so happens to walk up and your sticking a gaff hook in a bullsharks mouth trying to bring him up the seawall... its not going to go over to well... you might wana start beaching them... its less harmfull for them, and if you beach them you can get the hook out...

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

thats a good point why dosnt he beach them and no matter how big ur net the sharks allways manage too put a hole in your net. beaching the sharks is the safest way for you and the shark keep them on the wet sand and your good too go.

kahmad
Fisher

Post by kahmad »

I understand you aren't trying to start problems. No offense taken.

Beaching them just isn't an option. If you ever come out you will understand.

And if FWC ever comes out there me gaffing a few sharks will be the least of their concerns considering how much poaching goes on here. And what exactly is the problem with mouth gaffing a shark? The hooks on my snag are just about as big as the hook already in the shark's mouth.

Regardless, I have not had to use my gaff yet and hopefully never will. They have all been released unharmed without any tackle hanging out of their mouths.

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

kahmad wrote:I understand you aren't trying to start problems. No offense taken.

Beaching them just isn't an option. If you ever come out you will understand.

And if FWC ever comes out there me gaffing a few sharks will be the least of their concerns considering how much poaching goes on here. And what exactly is the problem with mouth gaffing a shark? The hooks on my snag are just about as big as the hook already in the shark's mouth.

Regardless, I have not had to use my gaff yet and hopefully never will. They have all been released unharmed without any tackle hanging out of their mouths.
its defanitly possible to beach a shark there, because i use to shark fish there... and every one i caught was beched.....

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

SaltyDog wrote:Must be some pup sharks no way you are ever lifting a big bull up the bridge or onto the rocks with a dip net,bridge net a shrimp dragger don't care what you use not there not ever. . These sharks can't be bigger then 2-3ft.
thats what i was thinking.... maybe atlantic sharp noses

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

he must be fishing directly in the channel for them....cuz if hes fishing the beach, it shouldnt be a problem...i agree with salty, aint no way ur bringing up a bull of decent size up the jetty rocks without hurting him or urself! just isnt smart..id be scared that mofo pulls me onto the rocks with all the shaking and twisting! ugh...lol

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

anyone catching anything other than sharks there?

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

you can beach them u just need to get bigger gear or learn to walk around the channel marker gotta be small sharks i flip 3 foot sharks on the pier with my spinner no need for a net when there small and its not the hooks in the mouth thats gonna hurt them its being lifted verticly and hanging by the jaw while you try to lift an 80 + lb shark on the rocks and chances are your gonna get hurt doing it with a big shark unless you got the right gear you need something like

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I like that picture bro!! :toast:

ChadPrimal
Fisher

Post by ChadPrimal »

I seem to get hooked up on the large rocks along the inlet. Any tips how to keep that from happening? Does anyone fish along the beach just south of the inlet? How's the fishing along the beach?

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

walked out on haulover yesterday and today morning and a few pomps were caught ....nothing major...water had good color....need a SE wind to come thru again and i might get out..lol

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

hahahahaha.......yeah! now i need a new one!!! :D ....even landed him on 10lb test! AND NO LEADER!!! :lol:

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

SaltyDog wrote:
That wasn't you i seen with an 8ft bull in a dip net? :jester:[/quote]
:uplol: :uplol:

erinfish
Weekend Warrior

Post by erinfish »

Didn't fish,but conditions were perfect today.
Doesnt anyone fish Haulover anymore???
I'm gonna try it soon,I'll be back with a report eventually...

erinfish
Weekend Warrior

Post by erinfish »

Made it out to haulover this morning,tried for pomps,no luck.
Few locals catching Macks,decided to join them since that's all that was going on...
Got like 8-10 gsve em away and packed it up around 11.
Mack's were hitting spoons.
I guess the water was a little too clean,bummer.

erinfish
Weekend Warrior

Post by erinfish »

Fished haul over this morning,pretty slow but if you kept at it you had shots at quality fish.Small Mack's,big pompano and big bluefish.Not a lot,but nice fish.

erinfish
Weekend Warrior

Post by erinfish »

I might also add my advice about fishing haulover,for what it's worth.
#1 The people of haulover inlet.
In my experience,most of the people who fish here are regulars.
These guys are friendly and usually willing to help one another,or a novice angler.
I picked a gentlemans brain,making small talk while fishing.
He was more than willing to help anybody who needed it.
We talked about water quality,baits,rigs,etc.You can always pick up a new trick if your willing to learn.

Then there are the idiots.these are the guys who have the wrong tackle,the wrong rigs,and the wrong attitude- cannot control they're cast's,inevitably making others life

#2 The terrain
Fishing here involves parking your car under the bridge,(allowed 6am-?)and walking out the jetty or beach.Bringing a fishing cart helps greatly especially if you wanna take a fish home.
You have to have patience,and the rocks are not exactly user friendly.
A spill on one of this rocks would be disastrous...

I can only imagine how many spoons are lodged in this rocks,I saw at least 10 broke off today.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

lolol...u make very good points, BUT...................i know most of the regulars...some are great guys, and others are douchbags!!!! just bcuz youre a, "regular" that doesnt mean you should invade the space of others fishing (which happens alot)! but i guess theyre entitled bcuz of the years and time theyve logged in! NOT!!!

Anyways, back to the report...lol......went out on wednesday morning and caught my limit of pomps (not that big) and caught loads and loads, and loads, and loads, and loads, and loads....well, i guess you get the point (LOL) of spanish macks! only problem was, they werent the big fat ones that are supposed to make their northward trek...instead, they were dinks! but fun to catch...i had to pick thru them to get my limit, but i must have caught and release over 50 easily! fish on every cast!, nice day out and not too many ppl...what a miracle! LOL..tight lines! :thumright:

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

kmalone3232
Fisher

Post by kmalone3232 »

Hahaha, that's awesome, love the Pelicans, they have it made, swim, eat and fish all day, chill on the pilings and docks all night.

:fish:

-kmalone3232-

humbleaslamb
Fisher

Post by humbleaslamb »

Hey everyone. New to fishing. Started a couple of months ago at lake worth pier. Now I'm a regular at anglins. Caught some pompanos s lots of pesky blues. Catching a few mangroves at night. Anyways I drove down to haulover this Saturday morning and saw some rods but I also saw some nets ( hate seeing that ). What is the protocol down there? Where do you park? Where do u fish? What kind of bait? Any help would be great.

Return to “Dade County”