So Marco island and one pissed off Yaker

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
Cannible
Weekend Warrior

So Marco island and one pissed off Yaker

Post by Cannible »

I get the itch to head on out to the west coast. Marco is the closest to me and I know the place from land fairly well. I'm going here and there I find a light just loaded with keeper mangos. Caught about 4 kept 2, to show something for my efforts. So I head back to the bridge mooring to the new bridge pylon It's low enough you can just jump on so I did, took a few things off and did some fishing. Caught a few trash fish, I look over at my Kayak and one of the rod holders with my Cabo and star is hanging over about to drop my rod in the water. I jump into action save the rod and tighten ram. After a little nap I take off for a new spot, I look back and F@#$ rod is gone. 300 in the damn drink smfh. I know there are rod leash which I will buy after new rod holders. That was just stupid defective rod holders. I am going to write an email, cause I'm pissed as all hell. Oh, almost forgot caught a nice keeper trout an old man was catching snook from shore.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Re: So Marco island and one pissed off Yaker

Post by Username28 »

Cannible wrote:I get the itch to head on out to the west coast. Marco is the closest to me and I know the place from land fairly well. I'm going here and there I find a light just loaded with keeper mangos. Caught about 4 kept 2, to show something for my efforts. So I head back to the bridge mooring to the new bridge pylon It's low enough you can just jump on so I did, took a few things off and did some fishing. Caught a few trash fish, I look over at my Kayak and one of the rod holders with my Cabo and star is hanging over about to drop my rod in the water. I jump into action save the rod and tighten ram. After a little nap I take off for a new spot, I look back and F@#$ rod is gone. 300 in the damn drink smfh. I know there are rod leash which I will buy after new rod holders. That was just stupid defective rod holders. I am going to write an email, cause I'm pissed as all hell. Oh, almost forgot caught a nice keeper trout an old man was catching snook from shore.
hard lesson learned....never go on a yak without a rod leash...not to be an ass...but that should be common sense...things happen.
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Cannible
Weekend Warrior

Post by Cannible »

I looked all over for them actually. My first yak and all I went to at least 5 different places.

tartan23455
Fisher

Post by tartan23455 »

Add this to your kayak arsenal. Works. :cheers:

http://www.belloutfitters.com/

Cannible
Weekend Warrior

Post by Cannible »

Nice invention, wouldn't have helped me that night it was a strong out going thanks though.

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”