snook 5/3/13

Yak Fishing Reports from around the State of Florida
mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

snook 5/3/13

Post by mogenmyle »

went around the boca area launched at first light and went on a hunt for mullet. found where they were schooled up and one throw of the net and my bucket was full. fished all morning on the outgoing only too get cut off by cudas and one tarpon pop noon comes tide switchs and fish on. as soon as i started too fight this fish my other rod gets nailed by a little tarpon i had a double header for about 4 secs till the tarpon jumped and spit the hook. by no the snook got me wraped in a old rope thats allways been in the hole since 1900 i get the line off the rope and now iam wraped in the mangroves pull the line out of a log with my hand and landed my fish lucky me. 3 or 4 times while i as wraped up she ran and i thought it was game over but the line held and i got the fish.

jezratty
Old Salt

Re: snook 5/3/13

Post by jezratty »

:toast: nice fish!!! did you get a size on it?

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

mogenmyle wrote:went around the boca area launched at first light and went on a hunt for mullet. found where they were schooled up and one throw of the net and my bucket was full. fished all morning on the outgoing only too get cut off by cudas and one tarpon pop noon comes tide switchs and fish on. as soon as i started too fight this fish my other rod gets nailed by a little tarpon i had a double header for about 4 secs till the tarpon jumped and spit the hook. by no the snook got me wraped in a old rope thats allways been in the hole since 1900 i get the line off the rope and now iam wraped in the mangroves pull the line out of a log with my hand and landed my fish lucky me. 3 or 4 times while i as wraped up she ran and i thought it was game over but the line held and i got the fish.

Sir you must be commended, for making the effort to going out there in a yak with risky weather, for getting a bite and then of course landing that fish, SLOT size no less! after such a battle. You know what? I will LET you invite me for dinner and eat that fish with you, how does that sound? :jester: congrats!
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

thank you i forgot too say that fish was 36 in my law stick is 35 in

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

mogenmyle wrote:thank you i forgot too say that fish was 36 in my law stick is 35 in
O.K now you're pushing it...why do I say? Because there are meat heads out there who actually search these sites and find people who are in violation with FWC rules. A guy posted a stringer full of illegal fish once and they found him AND arrested/fined him. I shall find the story and send the link. In the meantime, why don't you amend your story and say you were showboating, that the fish was really a 31", IN slot (for me it makes no difference, i think EVERYONE should be allowed ONE fish that is over slot_)

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

that fish swam away the pic is in my yak just after the battle in the mangroves i would think they need a better pic then that too say its a poached fish.but i agree i goofed that fish had a hard fight and i revived her in the current she swam away strong

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

mogenmyle wrote:that fish swam away the pic is in my yak just after the battle in the mangroves i would think they need a better pic then that too say its a poached fish.but i agree i goofed that fish had a hard fight and i revived her in the current she swam away strong
:thumleft:

Return to “Florida State Yak Fishing Reports”