winter time peacock

This area is for your Freshwater Reports for Florida.
chris21
KING MACKEREL

winter time peacock

Post by chris21 »

winter has been gracious to us once again here in south florida except for a couple nasty cold fronts these past 2 weeks, forgive me if I repost any old photos in this report I cannot remember which ones I have and haven't posted, Ive got so many peacock photos stored on my computer haha :mrgreen: shortly before Christmas I had the opportunity one afternoon to pass by my favorite peacock hole and in a short time it produced a nice 5lb fattie! best part was it came on an artificial.
during most of December I hardly had time to fish due to lots of Christmas shopping and working so many days a week so I can afford gifts for everyone lol, on Christmas eve I managed to get out and I fished a familiar spot armed with my fly rod and got exactly what I came for, a 3lb peacock was chilling by this pipe and the second my fly hit the water he went bonkers for it, he had a pretty good sized hump on him considering it was very late in the spawn season.
after a quick photo she was released, walked a little further and saw about 5 more peacock all by this huge pipe, best part was they all seemed to be 5lbs or larger, threw in my fly and almost immediately big momma came and attacked it :mrgreen: after a grueling 2 min struggle I landed a gorgeous and very fat 6lb peacock.
after that the fun got even better as I caught 2 more hefty peacock each weighed 4lbs
it was the perfect way to end 2013, Santa was good to me this year and I got a $100 gift card for basspro which is plenty enough for me, hope everyone had a great Christmas and new year by the way, last week I went out for peacock at the gold mine and it produced nicely, while none this time were over 3lbs I got my first several peacock of the new year along with some LMB in the mix, I hope to continue that once this cold front passes through for good, last night I spent my time tying up some nice little minnow flies that I cannot wait to use for the peacock out there
thanks for reading this report and tight lines everyone!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: winter time peacock

Post by swordfish »

I have a small lake that produces monsters bud! Good job on the Peas, when they are chewing it is simply amazing the voracity and aggressiveness of these fish. The place I fish for them at is like a little beach / Flat, which makes it almost like flats fishing. I cannot wait till Spring, just for this lol... The more color you add to the fly, the harder they seem to hit it.

-swordfish

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Look at that head on the last peacock that's a very interesting photo!

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

That is a male mating hump tears. Means he is ready to mate!

-swordfish

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I walked my local canal, (it has a C#), for quite q ways today and did not see 1 Peacock Bass or LM Bass, did see one Tarpon chillin along the banks.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

miguel456 wrote:Nice Peas Chris!Have you caught Peacock Bass over 7 pounds?
unfortunately not yet :roll: I see them that big every once in awhile but haven't caught one
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

Return to “Freshwater Florida Reports”