Hi Everyone

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
landlockedsurfcaster
Fisher

Hi Everyone

Post by landlockedsurfcaster »

Hi, My name is Kameel. From Long Island NY living in Colorado now for over a decade. Grew up surf casting for bluefish, striper, porgie and whatever else was around. Now I fish fresh water which doesn't really tickle my pickle the same way. My wife and I are headed to the keys in February and I intend to fish every day. Just joined to soak up all your knowledge. Great forum and info here. Looking forward to following this page. I will be fishing from the shore almost exclusively. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

kblue
SHARKER

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by kblue »

I lived at Stony Brook LI for 5 years...fishing every week...
Fishing in keys is very different...shallow rocky bottom... I recommend to fish at bridges... Probably snapper fishing may be something you could enjoy...
Typically, tide change is best time. You may enjoy travel bridge by bridge with light pack. Get a small bucket with bubble aerator, one rod, and a few dozen of live shrimps. And use trollite jig head (1/8 oz) with mono 12 ~ 15LB and put a shrimp so that it swims well...and flatline between two bridges...
Try every other tunnels of every fishing bridge... If lucky, you may get your dinner...

landlockedsurfcaster
Fisher

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by landlockedsurfcaster »

Awesome, thanks for the advice, I will definitely do that. I grew up in Port Jeff, we were neighbors!

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”