New guy on the block

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
Tom044
Fisher

New guy on the block

Post by Tom044 »

Hello all my name is Tom from South Jersey shore area moved to Alabama to be close to grand kids.Retired and fish Gulf State Park Pier,Pensacola,Mobile bay,Jersey,Delaware.
I'm in love with flounder fishing and striper fishing.But now I'm down the Gulf and love just fishing year round.Getting ready for the Spanish and King bite soon hoping for a banner year.
I fished the east coast Cape May mostly a few trips to Hatteras for tuna and since the move it's the NW Gulf now.So hello from an old flounder guy.Take care guys and gals. Tom

kblue
SHARKER

Re: New guy on the block

Post by kblue »

Welcome To the forum...
You'd been all over the places...hats off to old fluke man.
Which place was the best fishing in order of Spanish, king, flounder, tuna, etc lol?

Tom044
Fisher

Post by Tom044 »

Flounder had great days fishing from shore or boat fished the Delaware Bay with boat had lots of days catching over a hundred a day on a good tide not all keepers.Best fish just under 10 pounds.Surf fishing had a inlet where certain times of year caught over a couple hundred fish a day mostly blue fish but also caught a bunch of flounder that was the 2nd best year I had fishing that inlet filled in with a lot of sand and it all changed.
My best fishing was a spring in the 70's where we fished Delaware Bay an got the biggest Weakfish at Brandywine light house after a morning fog and caught 10-14 pound weakfish one after another.It lasted for a week fulling a 72 quart cooler in minutes.That of course when Delaware Bay was called the weakfish capital of the world.A bucktails was all you needed as soon as it hit the water bam you were on.Its like today's specs but good size.Those weakfish were caught all summer long but as the summer goes by of course they would get smaller and smaller.I remember the fish finder would show fish every where in the water colum but when they were spawning you couldn't catch a one.Those days are long gone and it's an event to see the weakfish come in the bay now.We all were guilty of over fishing the species and I fell bad about that.The big stripers we all caught in Delaware Bay and had a ball they haven't been in the bay the last couple of years but you could run up the Jersey coast and catch them when they are chasing the bunker.
Down the gulf I am still learning about fishing had some nice days and love fishing Gulf State Park Pier,Mobile Bay and Pensacola area.Fishing is in my blood I love it and love to hear other people reports.Getting long winded so take care. Tom

Chasinpoons
Fisher

Post by Chasinpoons »

Hey everyone, my names AL I am really excited to have joined this page. I have been fishing for several years but I learn something new everyday. This page by far is one of the best angling pages! Thank you to owner and its contributors

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”