Info about fishing in Gulf Shores

This area is for all of Alabama
fiveoski
Fisher

Info about fishing in Gulf Shores

Post by fiveoski »

Coming down to Gulf Shores with the family the 1st week on July. Need any and all information regarding fishing from shore. We will be staying in a house that is between the beach and little lagoon. Most of my equipment is for bass fishing, some for catfish. Most rods are 6 ½ or 7 ft with 17 to 25 pound line. I have used this stuff from the pier in the past, but that is not an option this time. Need help please

Pier#r
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Pier#r »

Wade fishing in the lagoon, lagoon pass or along the gulf beach are your closest options.

Specks, reds, flounder inside the lagoon and a mix of the same with PLENTY of jacks (ladyfish & bluerunners) along with bluefish at the pass in the gulf.

Fish with 1/2 of a dead shrimp on bottom along the beach for whiting, etc.
Maybe throw out a chunk of FRESH cut fish to catch a stray bull red, shark or ray.

IF you want to travel a little try the west parking lot @ Perdido Pass (about 10 miles to the east) under the lights at dusk.
There should be a fine run of ladyfish and blues each evening as the outgoing tide goes into ebb.

Lures like 1/2 oz jigs, spoons and minnow imatations like Fin-s should work well.
Same as pierfishing, but you're on solid ground :wink:

Hope this helps!
Good luck to ya...

fiveoski
Fisher

Re: Info about fishing in Gulf Shores

Post by fiveoski »

:reeling: Caught some specks at the mouth of the pass in the lagoon in the mornings. Never did get into and ladyfish or blue's in the gulf. Saw some red's just not on my line. Caught a mess of crabs one morning in the pass. Rode over to Perdido Pass a couple of afternoons, caught a lot of catfish on cut squid and not much else.

Considering the pier is still not ready. I still had a great time.

Thanks for the tips
Life is too short not to fish

Return to “Alabama”