My largest Peacock of the year so far

Please let us know the tackle you used, the artificial or bait, and your technique. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006.
vetoe
Fisher

My largest Peacock of the year so far

Post by vetoe »

I caught this one about 2 weeks ago and unfortunately it has been my last since then. I'm hoping the bite picks up soon. It came in @ 4.59lbs. Caught on a 4" Sebile Magic Swimmer.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Re: My largest Peacock of the year so far

Post by Moose »

nice pea! :toast:

vetoe
Fisher

Post by vetoe »

agonzalez0 wrote:nice pea! :toast:

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

Nice peacock, the bigger ones are slowly starting to show their faces now, caught 2 nice 3lbers just this past week when they were MIA since August, then i saw these 2 goliath peacocks bedding, both were easily over 7lbs, so only a little longer to wait and things are gonna get good
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

vetoe
Fisher

Post by vetoe »

chris21 wrote:Nice peacock, the bigger ones are slowly starting to show their faces now, caught 2 nice 3lbers just this past week when they were MIA since August, then i saw these 2 goliath peacocks bedding, both were easily over 7lbs, so only a little longer to wait and things are gonna get good

Thanks. Yeah I was having decent catches through January. Once the cold front started coming through the bites stalled. Largemouth action has been good, but the large Peas make my day. March has always been good for me, so for now I'll continue to fish and take the good with bad.

BTW nice catches recently. :toast:

Slammer
Weekend Warrior

Post by Slammer »

Nice! Still waiting to catch my first pea.

vetoe
Fisher

Post by vetoe »

Thanks guys. Lately I've been hitting the reefs with a buddy as of late. Any time I can hop on a boat I do. I'm looking forward to next month. As soon as the rainy season kicks into gear the bite is always at it's best for peas.

Return to “Freshwater Pics: Any fish caught in freshwater.”