First King Mackerel From Yak .... FAIL!

Caught from a vessel solely propelled by human power.
Please let us know the tackle you used, and the artificial. Please post pictures with you, fish, vessel, and tackle if possible, of your fish caught after November 1, 2006
tabers
Fisher

First King Mackerel From Yak .... FAIL!

Post by tabers »

Went out with some friends and hooked a nice 4foot king... only problem is that it was the first i had hooked ... FAIL!

Tabers

http://youtu.be.com/bgkC6twJEQA

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: First King Mackerel From Yak .... FAIL!

Post by swordfish »

Nice fish... It is ok, use it as a learning experience... Get a small gaff, then stick him good. You may also want a small club for putting them out of their misery. You do not want a rocket with teeth on the kayak with you while it is in it's death throes. Either way, you will hook another one! They are fairly plentiful if you know how to target them.

-swordfish

tabers
Fisher

Post by tabers »

Needless to say i have purchased a small 18inch gaff just for this and watched tons of videos on how to use it effectively... in addition to the gaff i purchased a yak cooler bag so i can slide them in right after taking them out ... the same day i did land a nice little 4 foot bar shark (catch and released) with the help of my friend and his bogagrip ...

Tabers

LandCharK
Fisher

Post by LandCharK »

Cool man but dam u need a Gaff lmao :bom: ticking time bomb there bud lol :drunk:

curious to were u were off of.....Looks like u had some sort of carolina rig on lol, what live baits were you using!?

Cool vid lol

tabers
Fisher

Post by tabers »

We were using a rig a make with a weighted circle hook and a stinger trebel hooked on a dead cigar minnow with a pink duster ... works great ... for live bait we had been using Cigar Minnows and Little Lys

Backwoods123
Old Salt

Post by Backwoods123 »

just mack sure in a yak gayy him on the head or damn close to the head, so you have controle of his head and mouth.... ivve stuck hundrands of kinds and if you get them in the body alot of times they will wiggle off and that can spell desaster for you... but hey man nice fish keep at it

tartan23455
Fisher

Post by tartan23455 »

I was wondering what you were gonna do with all those teeth if you pulled him into your yak. Nice video. You'll get another one. Get a bat. Calms em down real fast and not as messy as a gaff. Gotta time your hit just right though.

LandCharK
Fisher

Post by LandCharK »

:uplol: payback is the best lmao :bounce:

tabers
Fisher

Post by tabers »

lol Thats Great ... i Have a pair of boga grips for the teeth issue!

Dragon
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dragon »

Easily made Hawaiian gaff is good also.

Return to “Best Catch: Yaks, Canoes, Inflatable rafts, NO MOTORS of any type.”