Aw Dam that shark wouldn't stop

This area is for Shark'in Reports from all over, These reports must be catch and Release if you've gone shark'in put them here. All photos of sharks must be alive, there will be no tolerance for Photos of Dead Sharks.

Oh no are there sharks at the beach?
fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Aw Dam that shark wouldn't stop

Post by fixed80 »

that's all i can say pretty much. no, i didn't that sucker but at least it was my first experience fighting one of those big bully's that always terrorize anything in
sight. :mrgreen: well i started off on time today which was around 2 o'clock pm.
the bait was the tail end section of a Bonita i bought down in Jupiter.
after a few minutes i get it sent out and about 20 minutes later the breakaway line
was broke and it ended up being a premature break off.
so, i sent it back out with a balloon and eventually the balloon shrunk on me.
i figured i might be okay cuz i dropped the bait in between two reefs so its just all
sand where it lays. about 30 minutes goes by and i notice that sound from the reel.
im hooked up finally and im getting my practice in.
thinking this fish wasn't going to be big at all. Aw hell no that thing kept going and going
and going and going. like the energizer battery bunny. it took at least 5 MINUTES of
line off my reel maybe even more then that. not slow nor fast. but...... while
fighting it i felt a whack. then the rod tip danced with a constant jerk for awhile.
i told a man and his boy standing next to me that this is it and im done. he is
running along the bottom and into the rocks. this is it. anyway.... eventually i get
hung and i thought i was going to paddle hundreds of yards out to cut the line.
but no. i gave him(i mean it) some slack so it would break and it did of course break.
so like i said.... this my first experience with a quite large bull. sh!t that thang was
strong too. i though i should of hammer'd the drag real hard but i knew the consequences
for doing that is a bent hook or pop of the line.
so was it a bull or a tiger. I dont have enough catches too figure out which shark does what. all i know is that the north direction was its favorite today and didn't want to slow up on me. it just kept on going. :biglaugh:

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Re: Aw Dam that shark wouldn't stop

Post by cantseeme47 »

nice report :dude: man those are the fights that get the adrenaline pumpming and have you going crazy for more
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

bait shooter
Fisher

Re: Aw Dam that shark wouldn't stop

Post by bait shooter »

Super story . Too bad you didn't get it in . Oh well , maybe next time . :auto:

Return to “Shark'in Reports”