Rant - Rubio responding in English AND spanish

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Username28
KING MACKEREL

Re: Rant - Rubio responding in English AND spanish

Post by Username28 »

rare wrote:I stand corrected... 00.1% can read your shirt.
Alot more...try again...more like HALF the people
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

diggin4grouper wrote:if we go to there country of birth we are expected to speak there language so i expect them to speak ours !!! if they cant speak English they can take there azz back home ! and that includes NEW YORKERS TOO lol
Please allow this foreigner to correct your grammar. Your usage of "there" is incorrect on all three instances. The correct usage should have been "their", not "there".

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

BEOWULF wrote:
diggin4grouper wrote:if we go to there country of birth we are expected to speak there language so i expect them to speak ours !!! if they cant speak English they can take there azz back home ! and that includes NEW YORKERS TOO lol
Please allow this foreigner to correct your grammar. Your usage of "there" is incorrect on all three instances. The correct usage should have been "their", not "there".
eatpop
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

iFerrales
Fisher

Post by iFerrales »

Username28 wrote:I am absolutely appauled and disgusted that Rubio will do the response in English and Spanish. Is this AMERICA or Cuba? Give me a break, what a slap in the face to Americans!
This SERIOUSLY disgusts me.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Who cares if he spoke in Spanish also? I don't, I feel like I have way more pressing matters with the government. What's an american anyway? There are tons on natural born citizens that speak fluent Spanish.

P.s. Thank your lucky stars this is not Cuba.

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

This country has no official language but its very obvious the dominant one is english, but hey man im Cuban and every person has the right to speak their own language in this country, i speak spanish the majority of the time at my house and at my first job it was spanish speaking only pretty much, if you didnt speak spanish you wouldnt be able to communicate with half of the employees, let Rubio speak in english and Spanish and quit hating!! Read an article in the newspaper about a month ago that this soccer coach was fired from his school because he spoke in spanish to practically his entire team, what a disgrace!! Next time somebody tells me to speak english cause we are in america I will tell them to f*** off!!!! Ok my rant is over :mrgreen:
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

Hoogan
Fisher

Post by Hoogan »

I am Cuban born, my father taught me English for the first 11 years of my life while I lived in Cuba and we did NOT carry that animosity towards learning or speaking a foreign language (English) in a Spanish speaking country. As an outsider ( Cuban born and having lived in Europe for many years) it saddens me the world known arrogance displayed by Americans, in Europe ALL countries make it a point to teach their children several languages and such attitude makes a country and it's people richer (culturally) and financially. We (Americans ) better change and move on with the times, before it's really too late... The Chinese are learning and speaking English fluently and they are gaining territory...
Aside from all of the above, Florida's first language was the native dialects and whether Anglo Saxons accept it or not, SPANISH was spoken in Florida way before English ever was, most of our cities carry Spanish names as an indication of Spanish being widely spoken in Florida (Florida means "flowery" in Spanish ) before English ever was, San Agustin the first ever city in The state, the list goes on...Orlando, Tampa, Cayo Largo (key largo's real name) isla morada ( purple island in English) Cayo Hueso (key west real name) Pensacola , Aventura, etc. I can come up with at least a couple dozen of such evidence. My point... Let's let go of our deeply rooted prejudice ideas before the rest of the world crushes us financially and culturally due to our deeply rooted fears. I mean all of the above coming from a loving place of open mindness and love for the Unite States of America.

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

My say in this is that as long as they don't force me to speak another language in this country to them, I don't care. I have worked at a fast food place and some customers expected me to speak Spanish... >.<

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Reason why most other Country teaches English because English is consider the "business" language. That is what most Countries use to do business.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Meh old thread, but still... We should REALLY learn all the native american languages if you want to get technical about it...

-swordfish

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

rare wrote:
tears143 wrote:Reason why most other Country teaches English because English is consider the "business" language. That is what most Countries use to do business.

Maybe another reason is they want their next generation to be 1up on their education & advancing their futures of new leaders. That's just crazy talk tho... If the business talk is English around the world the business talk of Miami is Spanish. That makes sense now....

If most people speak Spanish down there then yes it is.

If China continue to grow... The business language might turn to Chinese...

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Aint happening. There is too much at stake for big money to even consider this... Yes we would lose manufacturing, but they would lose the money too. Anything is possible thought Striz, I will tell you this though, aint no one getting a foothold in the good ole USA, no matter what they try or do, and if it came down to it, believe me the powers that be would not chance a confrontation, and if they do, I am willing to be it would be Nuclear! I think its all smoke and mirrors...

-swordfish

Noddinoff
Fisher

Post by Noddinoff »

We have a friend's daughter who in ninth-grade home schooling (when I was learning Latin {ugh!} 63 years ago) is now taking Mandarin and doing quite well. She already speaks perfect English and Spanish. We think she is brilliant anyway and should make a mark on this old world in days to come.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Such a classic post I tell ya

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Hey, Russian.....write and speak an English will ya

kblue
SHARKER