Biggest Stoned Fish--Any Species

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
fishinDave07
Old Salt

Biggest Stoned Fish--Any Species

Post by fishinDave07 »

Title says it all folks.

My friend, his dad, and myself went spearing in Long Key when i stoned the large (about 23 inch) Yellow Jack in the center bottom. Out of nowhere i was engulfed in a school of YJ's while chillin at the surface. I picked out the biggest one and shot. The rest is history from there...he just sank like a rock. I dove down, took him off the spear and chucked him in the boat in time to shot another one that was wondering why his buddy just got iced.

There aint no feeling like unleashing unexpected and imminent death to a fish. :pistols:

Post 'em up boys
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

Kizer
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Biggest Stoned Fish--Any Species

Post by Kizer »

The only one I have stoned so far was the smaller Hog in this picture. I am working on my skills, which need a lot of work. :) :toast:

Kizer

fishinDave07
Old Salt

Post by fishinDave07 »

Bridge Rat wrote:hey atleast you got him. Ive had times trying to stone a fish and miss :oops:
It happens bro, lol atleast you werent like my dive buddy with his old gun. He use to have a JBL 32 or something tiny and 9 times outta 10 when he'd shoot a fish the spear would BOUNCE off and all you'd see is scales sinking down and the fish would swim away laughing. :uplol:
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

fishinDave07
Old Salt

Post by fishinDave07 »

lol. Can't say that i've had a fish "play-stone" and come back to life but i look forward to it :drunk:
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”