Fishing report 5/23/06

Boatless Fishing Reports for the three Countys including these areas Sebastian Inlet, Melbourne Beach, Indian Shores, Wabasso Beach, Fort Pierce, Port St lucie, .Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Pierson, Ponce Inlet, Port Orange, South Daytona.
Post Reply
User avatar
Phil
Fisher
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Port St. Lucie, Fl. 1/2 yr. - Arusha, Tz. 1/2 yr.
Contact:

Fishing report 5/23/06

Post by Phil »

I don't know where to post this exactly, so I picked this area.

Went out on the Black Dog (out of Jupiter) today.

http://www.blackdogfishing.com/

A very small load of fisherman, 4 counting me.

We were off at 6:30am and after about a 25 - 35 min. ride we pulled into the light wind.

Hooks were baited with Sardines and dropped to the bottom. Everyone had a fish on or in the boat within 2 minutes.

Hooks were rebaited and dropped. If you did not have a Snapper within 2 minutes, it meant your bait was gone.

While we were fishing the deck hand through out 2 rigs set up for Kings.

The 'boat 'had 2 Kings today, one about 25 lbs. and the other about 35 lbs.

When they got hooked up to the Kings, the closest guy to the rig was handed the pole and the fight was on.

After limiting out (everyone had limits), we trolled for an hour and a half, I guesss. Had one big hit that got off. Crew said they thought it was a Wahoo. The jig was pretty bashed up.

We headed back in and arrived at the dock at 10:30.

Nice boat, plenty of room to fish (even with a 10 max. passenger limit), in very good condition. Very plesant and helpful crew.

We caught Mangrove Snapper and Lane (?) Snapper (the one that has yellow stripes and yellow tail fins. Sorry, I am new to the area and they don't have these fish in So. Cal. where I came from), Grunts, Jacks and Triggerfish also.

They do a am and a pm trip.

Did not catch any bottom fish that were really big, but came home with about 5 or 6 lbs. of filets (was offered some King, but declined).

I had a really nice time. Finally got some serious 'catchin'' in.

I will be going back again soon.
Best,
Phil
Professional Hunter / Tanzania
Web: www.go-on-safari.com
Forum: www.go-on-safari.com/talk

User avatar
OkeeArt
Seasoned Fisher
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Okeechobee Florida
Contact:

Post by OkeeArt »

:D Way ta go ...glad you had a good day.
Lake Okeechobee Fishing.
Image

User avatar
fishinDave07
Old Salt
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:35 pm
Location: Miramar, FL

Post by fishinDave07 »

Great report! :thumleft:
I'm Woohoo for Wahoo!

Post Reply

Return to “Brevard--Indian River--St Lucie Countys--Volusia”